Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Letterboxing Trading Cards

So - I promised warning if I was going to post spoilers.  So here's fair warning - below are pictures of my first two LTC endeavors.
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
So, now that that's done, let's move on to the pretty things, shall we?

So, my very first LTC is for a swap I signed up for for all things related to the Art of Lichtenstein.  One of my very favorite pieces by him is the Drowning Girl.  I decided that this would be a perfect start into LTCs for me, because I had already planned on carving a copy of Drowning Girl for a traditional plant.  So, I carved it.  Once I carved it, I found it didn't fit on a standard LTC.  And for my first LTC, I decided now wasn't the time to figure out how to do fold-outs.  So, I used parts of the stamp, and carved a smaller version of it.  I think it turned out well...



For the backs of my new LTCs, I carved a new siggie stamp just for them.  Part of my artwork (which I haven't shown you yet) is abstract art, and a lot of pieces feature variations of the item in the middle of the stamp.  For the back of the LTCs, I have this center portion painted with acrylic paints, which you can see here:


Now, my second LTC is a bit more complicated, and is very near and dear to my heart.  It's for a tracker called Enlightenment.  It's one of two cards I plan on making for this swap.  The swap is all about what our ideas of enlightenment are - some of the cards people have listed so far include Buddha, Lord Krishna, the FSM, and Lord Ganesha.

So, I've always thought of religion in a certain way.  And this particular card explains it really concisely...




And inside the card:

And the back of the card, with a spiffy new painting for the siggie stamp.  I figure I'll change it up for each card.


And that concludes today's artistic endeavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment